Welcome to Learn Chess with Dr. Wolf! (the “App”) Thank you for choosing us! This is a platform designed to enhance your chess playing and learning experience. The App is brought to you by Chess.com, LLC.
- Information We Collect
1.1. Non-Registered Users
If you are not registered on the App, we may collect certain information from your device and usage, including:
- Device ID: A unique identifier associated with your device.
- IP Address: Your device's IP address, which may be used for diagnostic and troubleshooting purposes.
- Analytics Data: Non-identifiable information about your interaction with the App, such as session duration, screen views, statistics, achievements and user engagement.
- Unique ID: A unique identifier that is created when you first open the App.
1.2. Registered Users
If you choose to create an account on the App, in addition to the information mentioned above, we may collect the following personal information:
- Name: This is optional, so we only collect it if you choose to provide it. This information helps personalize your experience with the App.
- Email Address: This is optional, so we only collect it if you choose to provide it. We may use this to communicate with you regarding your account and provide relevant updates.
- Location: General location information, such as city or region, for analytics purposes.
- Device ID and Other Analytics Data: Similar to non-registered users, we collect device-specific information and analytics data, including device type, IP address, usage data, amplitude events, crash reports, and other relevant data to improve our services and troubleshoot any issues.
- Payment information: only in case you make a purchase we and our service providers collect the necessary information to process the payment.
- Any other information you voluntarily provide when contacting support or leaving a review
- Use of Collected Information
We use the collected information, for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our services, including allowing you to play and learn chess, improve features, and give you a personalized experience.
- To understand user preferences, patterns, and behaviors to enhance and optimize the App.
- To communicate with you, respond to inquiries, and provide updates regarding your account or our services.
- To troubleshoot technical issues and ensure the smooth functioning of the App.
- To detect and prevent fraud, abuse, or unauthorized access to our services.
- To comply with any law, regulation, court order or similar proceedings.
- Data Retention
- Data Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or transfer your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. However, we may share your information in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may engage trusted third-party service providers to assist us in delivering and improving our services. These providers have access to your information solely for the purpose of performing tasks on our behalf and are obligated to keep your information confidential. Some of these services could be analytics, payment processing, email marketing, fraud-prevention, cloud storage, customer support tools, user authentication and other service providers.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests from government authorities.
- Protection of Rights: We may disclose your information to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, as well as the rights, safety, or property of our users or others.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of that transaction subject to confidentiality agreements.
- To achieve the purposes mentioned in this Policy and to the extent necessary, we may disclose your personal information to other affiliates and companies within the Chess.com Group.
For service efficiency purposes, some of these affiliates and third parties are located in territories outside the European Union, like for example, the United States, and from time to time we may transfer your personal data to a third country not being approved by the European Commission as a safe country for such transfer (adequacy decision). Whenever applicable we will use the Standard Contractual Clauses to ensure an equivalent level of protection as granted within the European Union or other lawful grounds for carrying out said transfer.
- Security Measures
We take reasonable precautions to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
- Children's Privacy
The App is not targeted towards minors, meaning a person under the minimum age required to consent to the processing of their personal information as determined by applicable laws in their state or country of residence. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will take steps to collect parental consent or delete such information.
- Your Choices
You have the right to:
- Access, correct, or update your personal information associated with your account by contacting us at drwolf [at]chess.com.
- You also have the right to delete your personal information by going to the Account Settings section of the Services.
- Opt out of receiving non-essential communications from us.
- Disable or restrict the collection of certain information by adjusting your device settings.
- Depending on your country of residence you may have other rights.
- Contact Us